CONGRATULATIONS! Your decision to surrender your life to Jesus Christ as Savior is the most important one you will make in your life. This decision not only impacts you on Earth, but also guarantees that when you die, you will live with Jesus, in Heaven, for eternity. It’s important to understand:
1) God’s Purpose – God loves you and wants you to have everlasting life (John 3:16)
2) Our Need – Your sin prevents you from experiencing God’s purpose and sin has consequences (Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23)
3) God’s Provision – Because of God’s love, He provided a remedy for your sin condition – His son, Jesus, who died on the cross for everyone’s sin (John 14:6)
4) Our Response – Because Jesus paid your sin debt, you have to repent (ask God for forgiveness) of your sins, believe in Jesus, and trust in His death and resurrection on your behalf (Acts 3:19 and Romans 10: 9-10)
5) Our Commitment – You pray a prayer that shows you repent of your sins and have faith in what Jesus Christ has done on your behalf.
Sample Prayer to say in your own words: “Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and deserve to pay the penalty for my sin. But because of your love for me that you demonstrated by dying on the cross, I repent, and ask you to forgive me for my sins. I believe that you rose from the dead and I submit my life to you for salvation. Thank you for coming into my life and giving me a home in Heaven. In Your Name I pray, Amen!”