- This event has passed.
Upcoming Events 5-29-22
Family Care Group
• During the month of June all members are encouraged to demonstrate their appreciation to their assigned family care group leader and their assistants by contacting them and praying for their specific concerns or needs. To verify the names and phone numbers of your assigned leader and assistants, please contact the Church’s Administrative Assistant at 301-627-9500 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The KBC Graduation Recognition Survey is now available online for all KBC students who are graduating from Pre-school through Professional School: Graduation Recognition Form. The Ministry requests that all graduates and/or parents of graduates complete this survey so their accomplishments can be recognized during our 2022 Graduation Recognition Ceremony (June 26th). Completed surveys are due today!
• The Church office will be closed tomorrow in honor of Memorial Day. Please be safe.
Men’s Health Seminar (CANCELLED)
• This event scheduled for this Saturday, June 4th at 10am has been cancelled.
VBS Volunteer Training (New Date!)
• Volunteers are needed for both Daytime and Evening Vacation Bible School (VBS). Hybrid training will be provided on Monday, June 6th at 6:30pm. Teaching materials, schedules, job descriptions, and other pertinent information will be provided at a later date. If interested in volunteering, please contact Pastor Williams at email@example.com or Min. Ryan Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than this Friday, June 3rd.
Awana Virtual Closing Ceremony
• Family and friends are invited to join us on Wednesday, June 8th at 7pm to celebrate and encourage our children and youth as they share what they’ve learned in Awana this year. The Awana leaders have enjoyed being a part of your child’s learning about God, His word, memorizing scripture and applying what they’ve learned in their lives. To receive the link to attend, please send a request to Minister Ryan Richardson at email@example.com.
Seniors Summer Social and Plant Exchange
• Please join the seniors of Kettering Baptist Church on Thursday, June 9th at 5pm for a time of fellowship and fun. Learn or even share some things with others about the tremendous social and health benefits one receives when caring for plants. More information and registration is available at ketteringministries.org.
• The KBC Scholarship Application for 2022 high school and college students planning to further their education is now available at 2022 Scholarship Application. The completed Application and supporting documentation are due on Tuesday, June 10th. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Additional Scholarship Opportunity: On behalf of Joseph and Paulette Gillian, Kettering Baptist Church announces the William Bernarde Gillian Scholarship. The scholarship in the amount of $500 will be awarded at the KBC Graduation Recognition Program on Sunday, June 26th. To be eligible, you must be a KBC member and a graduating high school senior attending college in the fall. To apply, submit a 250 word essay on “How, in your opinion has the Russian attack on Ukraine affected other nations?”. On the top page of your essay, please write your name, address, telephone number and email address. The essay must be submitted no later than 12 midnight on Thursday, June 16th via email to: email@example.com. Late applications will not be considered. The successful applicant will be chosen by Mr. and Mrs. Gillian.
WEM Women’s Day Weekend
• Ladies Tent Revival: Attention ladies of all ages! Join us for our very first Ladies Tent Revival on Saturday, June 11th at 2pm. This year’s theme is “Strong and Courageous Sisters: Achieving our Full Potential in Christ”. Our guest speaker is 1st Lady Amelia Pearson of Hillcrest Baptist Church in Temple Hills.
• Women’s Day: Join us again on Sunday, June 12th for our Women’s Day celebration. We’re asking all ladies to wear shades of yellow, white and off-white. Let’s come together and rejoice as we allow God to revive our hearts!
Men’s Golf Fellowship
• The Men’s Ministry invites all men to our Golf Fellowship on Monday, June 20th at 8am at the Oak Creek Golf Course. Whether you’re an avid golfer or new to the game, it will be a blessed time. The fee is $110 per person and includes lunch and prizes. Register for the GOLF Fellowship by Tuesday, June 14th.
• Kettering Baptist members ages 13 and older are invited to join the Missions Ministry on Saturday, June 25th as we partner with City of Refuge, Baltimore to share the love of Christ during a day of community outreach. There will be opportunities to serve food, help distribute basic needs, assist with moon-bounces and fun stations, pray and encourage others, and much more! We will depart Kettering Baptist via the church vans at 8am sharp and return around 4pm. If you’re interested in participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daytime and Evening Vacation Bible School
• Vacation Bible School (VBS) is fast approaching and will take place on Monday, June 27th through Friday, July 1st. Please register online thru Wednesday, June 2nd.
• Daytime VBS is from 9am to 4:30pm for 1st through 8th Graders. The cost is $150 per child and includes before-care (7:30am – 9am) and after-care (4:30pm – 5:30pm), field trips, and Friday lunch. Each child is required to bring their lunch Monday thru Thursday. Register at 2022 Daytime VBS Registration.
• Evening VBS is from 7pm to 9pm and is free of charge for 9th through 12th graders and adults. The format for Evening VBS will be in-person and online. Register at 2022 Hybrid Evening Adult VBS Registration.
Hershey Park Trip
• Come one come all, the Youth Ministry is planning a trip to Hershey Park on Saturday, July 30th from 7:30am – 10pm. The cost is $40 per person which includes transportation, entrance to the park, as well as all-day dining. All children and youth must have an adult chaperone in attendance. Register Sunday, June 19th thru Sunday, July 17th via the Kettering Baptist Church website. For more information, please contact Minister Ryan Richardson at email@example.com.
2022 Women’s Retreat
• All women 18 and older are invited to join us for the 2022 Women’s Retreat “Achieving our Full Potential in Christ: Sisters Walking in Faith” on Friday, October 21st thru Saturday, October 22nd at the National Conference Center in Leesburg, Virginia. Our very own, Sister JoLinda Agnew, a professional certified coach, will be our special guest speaker. The non-refundable cost is $160 per person, which covers transportation, single room occupancy, food, and conference materials. The book “What Happens When Women Walk in Faith” is also included in the retreat package. Once you have registered, you may pick up your book and the retreat instructions at the church on Sundays after the 10am service. You may register on-line thru Sunday, September 11th. Space is limited, so don’t delay. Register at: KBC 2022 Women’s Retreat.
• We are designating Sundays, except 1st Sundays, for June, July, and August as summer casual dress Sundays. We encourage everyone to dress comfortably and respectfully as this is the house of God.
• Now more than ever, we need to be equipped to minister to women experiencing an unexpected pregnancy. We know that women need caring, compassionate help, practical resources and to hear the truth spoken in love. Women and men are welcome to attend our 9-week volunteer training which begins this Wednesday, June 1st from 6pm – 9pm at Faith Community Church in Gambrills. Join us in reaching into our community with life-affirming help and the hope of the Gospel. Learn more at wellspringlife.org/volunteer or email firstname.lastname@example.org #servingwomen #savinglives #sharingjesus #volunteerforLIFE