- This event has passed.
Upcoming Events 5-22-22
Men’s Health Seminar
• June is Men’s Health Month! Men of Kettering, join the Men’s Ministry on Saturday, June 4th at 10am for our Men’s Seminar. There will be presentations on physical health, mental health and overall wellness. The seminar will be both in-person and virtual.
Awana Virtual Closing Ceremony
• Family and friends are invited to join us on Wednesday, June 8th at 7pm to celebrate and encourage our children and youth as they share what they’ve learned in Awana this year. The Awana leaders have enjoyed being a part of your child’s learning about God, His word, memorizing scripture and applying what they’ve learned in their lives. To receive the link to attend, please send request to Minister Ryan Richardson at email@example.com.
WEM Women’s Day Weekend
• Ladies Tent Revival: Attention ladies of all ages! Join us for our very first Ladies Tent Revival on Saturday, June 11th at 2pm. This year’s theme is “Strong and Courageous Sisters: Achieving our Full Potential in Christ”. Our guest speaker is 1st Lady Amelia Pearson of Hillcrest Baptist Church in Temple Hills, Maryland.
• Women’s Day: Join us again on Sunday, June 12th for our Women’s Day celebration. We’re asking all ladies to wear shades of yellow, white and off-white. Let’s come together and rejoice as we allow God to revive our hearts!
Men’s Golf Fellowship
• SAVE THE DATE: The Men’s Ministry invites all men to fellowship and play 18 holes of golf on June 20th at the Oak Creek Golf Course. Whether you’re an avid golfer or new to the game, it will be a blessed time. More details to come.
• Kettering Baptist members ages 13 and older are invited to join the Missions Ministry on Saturday, June 25th as we partner with City of Refuge, Baltimore to share the love of Christ during a day of community outreach. There will be opportunities to serve food, help distribute basic needs, assist with moon-bounces and fun stations, pray and encourage others, and much more! We will depart Kettering Baptist via the church vans at 8am sharp and return around 4pm. If you’re interested in participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The KBC Graduation Recognition Survey is now available online for all KBC students who are graduating from Pre-school through Professional School: Graduation Recognition Form. The Ministry requests that all graduates and/or parents of graduates complete this survey so their accomplishments can be recognized during our 2022 Graduation Recognition Ceremony (June 26th). Completed surveys are due on Sunday, May, 29th.
• The KBC Scholarship Application for 2022 high school and college students planning to further their education is now available at 2022 Scholarship Application. The completed Application and supporting documentation are due on Tuesday, June 10th. For more information, please email email@example.com.
• Additional Scholarship Opportunity: On behalf of Joseph and Paulette Gillian, Kettering Baptist Church announces the William Bernarde Gillian Scholarship. The scholarship in the amount of $500 will be awarded at the KBC Graduation Recognition Program on Sunday, June 26th. To be eligible, you must be a KBC member and a graduating high school senior attending college in the fall. To apply, submit a 250 word essay on “How, in your opinion has the Russian attack on Ukraine affected other nations?”. On the top page of your essay, please write your name, address, telephone number and email address. The essay must be submitted no later than 12 midnight on Thursday, June 16th via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Late applications will not be considered. The successful applicant will be chosen by Mr. and Mrs. Gillian.
Daytime and Evening Vacation Bible School (VBS)
• VBS is fast approaching and will take place on Monday, June 27th through Friday, July 1st. Please register online thru Wednesday, June 2nd.
• Daytime VBS is from 9am to 4:30pm for 1st through 8th Graders. The cost is $150 per child and includes before-care (7:30am – 9am) and after-care (4:30pm – 5:30pm), field trips, and Friday lunch. Each child is required to bring their lunch Monday thru Thursday. Register at 2022 Daytime VBS Registration.
• Evening VBS is from 7pm to 9pm and is free of charge for 9th through 12th graders and adults. The format for Evening VBS will be in-person and online. Register at 2022 Hybrid Evening Adult VBS Registration.
VBS Volunteer Training (New Date!)
• Volunteers are needed for both Daytime and Evening VBS. Virtual training for both will be provided on Monday, June 6th at 6:30pm. Teaching materials, schedules, job descriptions, and other pertinent information will be provided at a later date. If interested in volunteering, please contact Pastor Williams at email@example.com or Min. Ryan Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, June 3rd.
Hershey Park Trip
• Come one come all, the Youth Ministry is planning a trip to Hershey Park on Saturday, July 30th from 7:30am – 10pm. The cost is $40 per person which includes transportation, entrance to the park, as well as all-day dining. All children and youth must have an adult chaperone in attendance. Register by Sunday, July 17th via the Kettering Baptist Church website. Hurry, seats will fill-up fast. For more information, please contact Minister Ryan Richardson at email@example.com.
2022 Women’s Retreat
• All women 18 and older are invited to join us for the 2022 Women’s Retreat “Achieving our Full Potential in Christ: Sisters Walking in Faith” on Friday, October 21st thru Saturday, October 22nd at the National Conference Center in Leesburg, Virginia. Our very own, Sister JoLinda Agnew, a professional certified coach, will be our special guest speaker. The non-refundable cost is $160 per person, which covers transportation, single room occupancy, food, and conference materials. The book “What Happens When Women Walk in Faith” is also included in the retreat package. Once you have registered, you may pick up your book and the retreat instructions at the church on Sundays after the 10am service. You may register on-line thru Sunday, September 11th. Space is limited, so don’t delay. To Register click here.
• This Saturday, May 28th has been set aside as a day when all members are strongly encouraged to put aside all ministry activities and take the opportunity to enjoy family and friends.
• The Church office will be closed Monday, May 30th in honor of Memorial Day. Please be safe.
• Now more than ever, we need to be equipped to minister to women experiencing an unexpected pregnancy. We know that women need caring, compassionate help, practical resources and to hear the truth spoken in love. Women and men are welcome to attend our 9-week volunteer training which begins on Wednesday, June 1st from 6pm – 9pm at Faith Community Church in Gambrills. Join us in reaching into our community with life-affirming help and the hope of the Gospel. Learn more at wellspringlife.org/volunteer or email firstname.lastname@example.org #servingwomen #savinglives #sharingjesus #volunteerforLIFE