- This event has passed.
Upcoming Events 10-3-21
Return to Worship
• The Legacy Center is open for in-person worship on Sundays at 8am! You are required to wear your mask at all times, while inside the building. We encourage you to remain at home if you are not feeling well.
Pastor Appreciation Month
• “Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow… Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you. Pray for us (pastors); for we are confident that we (pastors) have a good conscience, in all things desiring to live honorably” (Hebrews 13:7, 17-18). Please be generous in showing your appreciation to our Senior Pastor: Bucas Sterling, III, and our Staff Pastor and Ministers: Pastor Andre Williams, Minister Larry Camper, Minister Winfred Harris, and Minister Ryan Richardson for their labor in the Lord. We will recognize Staff Ministers (make checks payable to them) on Sunday, October 10th and Pastor Sterling (make checks payable to Pastor Sterling) on Sunday, October 24th. Monetary gifts can be made through e-giving, Paypal or you may use the designated envelopes available from one of the ushers.
• In honor of Pastor Appreciation Month, we have made a commitment to uplift Pastor Bucas and First Lady Carolyn Sterling in prayer during the month of October. You will be offered an opportunity to join us in prayer for specific requests made by Pastor and Sister Sterling. A different request will be posted on the website each day beginning October 1st and ending on October 31st. We will come together for a virtual prayer on Saturday, October 30th at 9am. Registration is available on the KBC website.
52nd Anniversary Celebration
• Please join us in celebration of Kettering Baptist Church’s 52nd Anniversary! We will begin with Revival Preaching Night on Thursday, October 28th at 7pm with guest speaker Clyde Pearson, Senior Pastor of Hillcrest Heights Baptist Church, next we will have Revival Praise and Worship on Friday, October 29th at 7pm, followed by Virtual Prayer on Saturday, October 30th at 9am. The celebration with culminate on Sunday, October 31st. More details to come!
• Thank you to all who participated in and donated toward the Ghana 5k to assist in building a school! If you haven’t yet given and desire to assist with this project, there’s still time to give! The donation page will remain through Friday, October 22nd, as we seek to raise the necessary funds to build and furnish the school. Go to www.ketteringministries.org to participate!
• Parents, you can still register your children for Awana! Awana has resumed and will be held during the school year every Wednesday night from 7pm – 8pm. The registration fee is $30 per child (non-refundable) and scholarships are available. Please register online at ketteringministries.org.
Discipleship Training Ministry (DTM)
• Registration for DTM Classes Fall Semester Session A ends this Friday, October 8th and classes will begin on Monday, October 18th using the Hybrid format (in-person and virtually). All adults are encouraged to make an investment in themselves to be further equipped as a disciple who can in turn GO and make disciples. A schedule of classes is available online.
• This Saturday, October 9th has been set aside as a day when all members are strongly encouraged to put aside all ministry activities and take the opportunity to enjoy family and friends.
Youth Service Sunday
• Calling everyone to come out to support and encourage our children and youth for Youth Sunday on October 10th during the 8am service. The youth will be involved in all areas of the Worship Service.
Hybrid Sunday School
• Attention Adults! Starting on Sunday, October 10th, the Adult Sunday School class will be offered in a hybrid format. This makes Sunday School available in person as well as virtually. The starting time will change to 10am.
Evening Bible Study
• We will not have Evening Bible Study on Wednesday, October 13th. It will resume on Wednesday, October 20th.
• In honor of Columbus Day, the church office will be closed Monday, October, 11th.
What’s Next after High School
• Calling all high school juniors and seniors! It’s time to start planning for your post-high school future. The Scholarship Ministry invites you to join them for a virtual seminar on Wednesday, October 13th at 7pm. Representatives from colleges, trade schools, and the armed forces will be on hand to help you decide your next step!
Church Calendar Planning Meeting
• All Church Council members or representatives are expected to be present at the 2022 Calendar Planning Meeting on Saturday, October 23rd at 10am. Please be prepared to be flexible with the dates, and to have alternative dates available.
Manna Ministries CDC Coat Drive
• A coat, hat, and gloves can make the difference between attending school or staying at home. Our goal is to provide as many new coats, hats, and gloves as possible for students to stay warm while walking to and from school or waiting at the bus stop. This project supports elementary, middle, and high school students in our local community and those in the Baltimore area. You and/or your organization are invited to join us in this effort to make a difference in the lives of others this winter season. Donations may be dropped off in the Fellowship Hall of the KBC Legacy Center on Sunday, October 17th from 10:15am t0 12noon.
• Save the Date: Greetings Married Couples! The Marriage Ministry encourages you to mark your calendars for our upcoming Virtual Marriage Conference on Saturday, November 6th at 10am. This will be an informative, engaging, and fun event (yes, there will be prizes!) that is sure to bless you as a couple…and individually. The cost is $25 per couple.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
• More prevalent than most realize, one in four women and one in seven men will experience domestic violence in their lifetimes. Anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexual identity or orientation, or socio-economic status, can become a victim of domestic violence. Domestic violence is more than physical violence. Get Help: Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233). Let’s end domestic violence.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
• Breast cancer cannot only be found in women but also in men, and is the most common newly diagnosed cancer and second leading cause of cancer death among women in the US. More information can be found at ww5.komen.org.