- This event has passed.
Upcoming Events 10-10-21
Return to Worship
• The Legacy Center is open for in-person worship on Sundays at 8am! You are required to wear your mask at all times, while inside the building. We encourage you to remain at home if you are not feeling well.
Pastor Appreciation Month
• “Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow… Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you. Pray for us (pastors); for we are confident that we (pastors) have a good conscience, in all things desiring to live honorably” (Hebrews 13:7, 17-18). Please be generous in showing your appreciation to our Senior Pastor: Bucas Sterling, III, and our Staff Ministers: Pastor Andre Williams, Minister Larry Camper, Minister Winfred Harris, and Minister Ryan Richardson for their labor in the Lord. Today we will recognize our Staff Ministers (make checks payable to them).
• On Sunday, October 24th we will recognize Pastor Sterling (make checks payable to Pastor Sterling). Monetary gifts can be made through e-giving, Paypal or you may use the designated envelopes available from one of the ushers.
• In honor of Pastor Appreciation Month, we also have made a commitment to uplift Pastor Bucas and First Lady Carolyn Sterling in prayer during the month of October. Please join us in prayer for specific requests made by Pastor and Sister Sterling. A different request will be posted on the website each day beginning October 1st and ending on October 31st. We will come together for a virtual prayer on Saturday, October 30th at 9am. Registration is available on the KBC website.
52nd Anniversary Celebration
• Please join us in celebration of Kettering Baptist Church’s 52nd Anniversary! Our hybrid celebration will begin with Revival Preaching Night on Thursday, October 28th at 7pm with guest speaker Clyde Pearson, Senior Pastor of Hillcrest Heights Baptist Church. Next, we will have Revival Praise and Worship on Friday, October 29th at 7pm, followed by Virtual Prayer on Saturday, October 30th at 9am. The celebration with culminate on Sunday, October 31st with services by our own Pastor Bucas Sterling, III. Mementos to mark the occasion will be distributed after the 8am in-person service!
• Thank you to all who participated in and donated toward the Ghana 5K to assist in building a school! If you haven’t yet given and desire to assist with this project, there’s still time to give! The donation page will remain open through Friday, October 22nd as we seek to raise the necessary funds to build and furnish the school. Go to www.ketteringministries.org to participate!
• Parents, there’s still time to register your children for Awana! Awana has resumed and will be held during the school year every Wednesday night from 7pm – 8pm. The registration fee is $30 per child (non-refundable) and scholarships are available. Please register online at ketteringministries.org.
Youth Service Sunday
• Calling everyone to come out to support and encourage our children and youth for Youth Sunday on October 10th during the 8am service. The youth will be involved in all areas of the Worship Service.
Hybrid Sunday School
• Attention Adults! Starting today, the Adult Sunday School class will be offered in a hybrid format. This makes Sunday School available in person as well as virtually. The starting time has changed to 10am.
Evening Bible Study
• We will not have Evening Bible Study this Wednesday, October 13th. It will resume on Wednesday, October 20th.
• In honor of Columbus Day, the church office will be closed tomorrow.
What’s Next after High School
• Calling all high school juniors and seniors! It’s time to start planning for your post-high school future. The Scholarship Ministry invites you to join them for a virtual seminar this Wednesday, October 13th at 7pm. Representatives from colleges, trade schools, and the armed forces will be on hand to help you decide your next step!
Manna Ministries CDC Coat Drive
• A coat, hat, and gloves can make the difference between attending school or staying at home. Our goal is to provide as many new coats, hats, and gloves as possible for students to stay warm while walking to and from school or waiting at the bus stop. This project supports elementary, middle, and high school students in our local community and those in the Baltimore area. You and/or your organization are invited to join us in this effort to make a difference in the lives of others this winter season. Donations may be dropped off in the Fellowship Hall of the KBC Legacy Center on Sunday, October 17th from 10:15am t0 12noon.
Church Calendar Planning Meeting
• All Church Council members or representatives are expected to be present at the 2022 Calendar Planning Meeting on Saturday, October 23rd at 10am. Please be prepared to be flexible with the dates, and to have alternative dates available.
Quarterly Business Meeting
• We encourage all Kettering Baptist members to make a special effort to attend our Quarterly Business Meeting on Wednesday, October 27th at 7pm. The meeting is virtual and requires member registration via the Kettering website. Registration ends on Sunday, October 24th at 5pm. These meetings are very informative, and will give you an in-depth understanding of the inflow and disbursement of funds, and ministry activities and needs.
• Come out and join Kettering Baptist Church for another fun-filled Sweet Spirit Event on Sunday, October 31st from 2pm – 5pm. There will be games, prizes and of course candy. Please remember that no scary costumes are permitted. Face masks are required for everyone over two years old.
• Greetings Married Couples! The Marriage Ministry encourages you to join us for our upcoming Marriage Conference on Saturday, November 6th at 10am. This will be an informative, engaging, and fun event (yes, there will be prizes!) that is sure to bless you as a couple as well as individually. This is a virtual-only event. The cost is $25 per couple. Please register online.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
• More prevalent than most realize, one in four women and one in seven men will experience domestic violence in their lifetimes. Anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexual identity or orientation, or socio-economic status, can become a victim of domestic violence. Domestic violence is more than physical violence. Get Help: Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233). Let’s end domestic violence.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
• Breast cancer cannot only be found in women but also in men, and is the most common newly diagnosed cancer and second leading cause of cancer death among women in the US. More information can be found at ww5.komen.org.